2010년 11월 18일 목요일

Fund Raising in Medical Faculty of University of Pecs, Hungary where the international Students don't hesitate to help the ones in need!!

i got informed by one of my good friend in South Korea (Andy Tirta) about "one day for Indonesia" and he asked me to join hands with all the indonesian students in South Korea to gain some donation for the victims of tsunami in Mentawai and volcano eruption of Mount Merapi in Central Java. I didn't hesitate for any second and i just decided to join them though i'm the only Indonesian here. I care about my home country and i would love to do something real to help.

I got the poster within a few days from Muhammad Hilmy Alfaruqi from South Korea and right after that i printed them out as some posters and 500 flyers. I put the posters all around my university (Medical Faculty of University of Pecs in Hungary)

Being the only Indonesian student here, i felt that it would be really hard to do this by myself. But then some of my good friends helped me. They are from different countries like Ireland, Sweden, Japan, and South Korea as well. 

The first day was on Friday, November 19, 2010. I was sitting by the entrance of the university with a donation box and with my friends' help we managed to hand out almost all the flyers and get a total amount of 37.740 Hungarian Forints although we only sat there for a couple hours and there weren't so many students on that day. The enthuasiasm of the students in my university which are most international students and hungarian students as well was unexpectedly really high. They were aware of the disasters which happened in Indonesia and didn't hesitate at all to donate some of their pocket money for the people in need.

The second day was on Tuesday, November 16, 2010, i did something different on that day. i made 100 spring rolls to give them to all the people  who want to donate. It attracted even more people to donate and as the result we managed to get 62.420 Hungarian Forints on that day. I was really thankful to my international friends who helped me and spent some hours with me despite of the semester exam which is coming up soon.

So in just two days and in total 4 hours we managed to get 100.160 Hungarian forints which is equal to almost 500 USD. I wouldn't be able to do it without all of the students in my beloved university who didn't hesitate at all to help other student from other country knowing that her home country desperately needs help. This proves that the world still cares for Indonesia and being the only one indonesian student in the whole university is not supposed to stop us to do something for our home country despite of the distance.

I'm going to send all the money directly to the Indonesian Red Cross as soon as possible and i'll put the receipt here as well.

I was  really happy to join this special movement and i'm so proud of my indonesian friends in South Korea who initiated this movement. I'm thanking Mr. Andi Tirta who asked me to join this movement at the first place and also Mr. Muhammad Hilmy Alfaruqi who made the poster for me and also all the indonesian students in South Korea who participated in this movement as well. 

Being far away from home doesn't mean that we can stop caring about our people and it's not an excuse to do nothing to help.

Keep up the spirit!! i DO believe that together we can do anything for a better Indonesia.

Best Regards,
Cindy Patricia

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기